Originally posted 3 Oct 2006. Updated, Note Name Change on 7 December 2010. Still a recommended shipping provider.
The title and the idea behind this site was to provide people with the answers to “Frequently Asked Questions” (FAQS) about the Philippines. Sometimes a resource that answer many questions and needs just pops out. Manila Forwarders LLC (now Manila Forwarder USA Corporation) is one of those resources. Originally a company that provided yet another way to send the ubiquitous Balik Banyan box to friends and relatives in the Philippines, Manila Forwarder has evolved into a whole lot more.
Just to set the record straight at the beginning, I have no financial or business connection with them. I have met the founder and CEO, Manny Paez for some time and I believe their services to be reliable and a good value, but I make no other representation.
One piece of administrivia always causes a problem as well … the company’s name is Manila Forwarder USA Corporation. Their web site is www.manilaforwarder.com (note no ‘s’). http://manilaforwarders.com (note there is an ‘s’) is a totally different company. This is a good lesson for anyone interested in doing business on the Web … be very careful what URL you chose and look for others that are commonly misspelled or mistyped … once someone else grabs a similar URL it’s not going to be easy to make sure you business doesn’t get diluted.
Manila Forwarder USA Corporation has been shipping Balik Bayan boxes and other freight since 1998. Two services they off in this area are pretty unique:
- The Jumbo Box service allows you to ship outsize boxes instead of making everything fir in the standard 4.5 cubic foot box.
- The E-Balikbayan Box is a service for those folks located in areas where there are no Filipino stores and no one ever heard of a Balik Bayan box. You can order an empty box anywhere in the US, or use you own box and then have it shipped to Los Angeles for standard Balik Bayan container shipment.
Aside from balikbayan box shipping, Manila Forwarder also arranges shipments of:
- Full container loads of household goods
- Automobile shipments to any part of the world
- Returning resident shipment to the Philippines
- Commercial import / export for US or Philippine based businesses
- Philippine-based Internet users can order on-line from US merchants for Philippine delivery
- Through their sister company, TravelPH.com they offer budget airline tickets and vacation packages from any point in the world.
- Instant gift services
- For US companies who would like to tap on the growing Philippine market in the US, the company accepts advertisement on our nationally circulated Manila Magazine
I have had many, many queries over the years about shipping Philippine goods back to the USA. Manila Forwarder does that too. My recommendation is to take a look and tell Manny that PhilFAQS sent you.