Get paid for what you already know.
(Last updated December 19, 2016)
I’ve written a lot on this subject. And I’ll write more, you can depend upon that, because I truly believe starting your own business is the key to personal growth, prosperity and security.
It’s very clear, now that we’re well and truly into the 21st century that jobs, at least as we once knew them, are already “Dead Men Walking”.
Why Working For Yourself Is Better Than a J*O*B
- 0.1 Why Working For Yourself Is Better Than a J*O*B
- 0.2 What kind of business should you start?
- 0.3 Why a “Wisdom Enterprise”?
- 0.4 Want To See How Simple a “Wisdom Enterprise” Can Be?
- 0.5 So What Am I Looking For Here, Sympathy?
- 0.6 Exactly my point, really.
- 0.7 So Are You Ready To:
- 1 Related Posts
- 2 Readers who viewed this page, also viewed:
- 3 Share this Article:
- You can’t be fired.
- You can’t be laid off.
- If your boss is an asshole, you can change him or her.
- It’s the best legal way to save on taxes.
- Every Day You Get to Start Over.
- You write your own paycheck.
- You help others by helping yourself.
- Entrepreneurs will save the world. Government ain’t going to do it. Entrepreneurs create jobs, “not the government“.
What kind of business should you start?
My vote, without a doubt is a “Wisdom Enterprise”. Your use your own wisdom, expertise and experience.
Why a “Wisdom Enterprise”?
- Accelerates your personal growth.
- Multiplies your personal income more quickly than anything else.
- Enables you to surround yourself with like-minded people, not assholes and backbiters.
- Delivers value to other people in the best way possible, by promoting relationships.
- Attracts influential people with opportunities for you.
- Promotes the mastery of your life skills. To learn something well, teach it!
- Provides the Best Way to Express Your Own Gifts and Talents.
You’re not just a cog in their wheel. Invent your own wheel.
The world is waiting for you to:
- Step up
- Speak up
- Level up.
Thanks to my colleague and hero, Ray Edwards.
Want To See How Simple a “Wisdom Enterprise” Can Be?
For most of my life I have been blessed with/or suffered with (it can be both) an affliction which has been diagnosed as ADD (or ADHD, the gurus can’t even decide amongst themselves). Frequently called Attention Deficit Disorder, this “illness” or condition, or tendency makes my brain rush a thousand miles an hour for most of my waking hours.
Clinically ADD/ADHD is described thus:
Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a brain disorder marked by an ongoing pattern of inattention and/or hyperactivity-impulsivity that interferes with functioning or development.
- Inattention means a person wanders off task, lacks persistence, has difficulty sustaining focus, and is disorganized; and these problems are not due to defiance or lack of comprehension.
- Hyperactivity means a person seems to move about constantly, including in situations in which it is not appropriate; or excessively fidgets, taps, or talks. In adults, it may be extreme restlessness or wearing others out with constant activity.
- Impulsivity means a person makes hasty actions that occur in the moment without first thinking about them and that may have high potential for harm; or a desire for immediate rewards or inability to delay gratification. An impulsive person may be socially intrusive and excessively interrupt others or make important decisions without considering the long-term consequences. See more at the National Institute of Mental Health site
So What Am I Looking For Here, Sympathy?
No, not hardly. Actually my ADD has often been a blessing. Even in my last years of formal work I was often the youngest brain in the room.
And as I leaned early in my military career, if you are looking for “Sympathy”, it’s in the dictionary between “Shit” and “Syphilis”.
Ha, ha, ha, Dave, talk about not being able to stay focussed.
Exactly my point, really.
Here’s the story of a fellow who could have easily been me. He went from being “afflicted” with a “disorder” to becoming a successful “Wisdom Entrepreneur” So can you.
Howie was someone who worked hard in the corporate world, and one day, it all ended. He was fired from his job. I’m not going to go into the sob story here, but you can imagine how much that must have hurt.
He decided to head online and after some deliberating, started a niche website on ADHD. There’s nothing spectacular or glamorous about an ADHD website. Yes, it helps people every day and it provides good information, but he didn’t need to come up with some genius idea or reinvent the wheel.
He put his head down, worked hard, focused (no pun intended!) and within 6 months he had replaced his income and is now on course to earning a regular 6 figure income online.
What’s more, once people started to notice his success, more and more opportunities came his way. All because he just got on with it.
The reason I want to share Howie’s story out of all the other stories is simple. Howie chose a simple niche, built a simple site, and got on with it. He worked on it every day and KEPT IT SIMPLE.
He’s a hard-working guy, but he’s not exactly a marketing genius or a guru, and you don’t have to be either.
You just have to take that action!
There are a million people out there just like Howie, but what sets him apart is that he believed in himself.
So Are You Ready To:
Get paid for what you already know.