Over the years I have gotten a lot of information, made a lot of friends, acquired a few enemies and even met up with a number of ‘real world’ people from various Philippine-related websites and blogs.
From time to time I have written about a few of them, but rather than go into a litany of ‘this site does that’ and ‘this guy does so and so’ I thought I would try a little experiment here and see if anyone is interested in learning more about the people behind these online resources.
Maybe there is a lot of interest, maybe not. The easiest way I can think of is throw this offer out and see who is out there ‘catching’. Below this paragraph is a simple questionnaire. If you want your blog/web site/internet service/Philippine-related business featured here on PhilFAQS, just cut and paste a copy, into your email, fill in the blanks and mail it back to me at: dave(at)philFAQS(dot)com
In particular, I’d love to see some response from my Filipino readers … I know I have quite a few, I’m grateful for everyone I have, and I notice many are completely silent in the comments.
At the same time I have gotten emails from folks who say, “Can you help me increase my site traffic, build my online presence, etc.” Well, here’s your chance, to tell me and the other 76,00 plus unique individuals who visit here annually who you are and where your on-line (and real life) destination might be.
—– (Cut Here) —–
1) Your Real Name (If you want me to withhold this from the public, fine, but if you can’t convince me you are areal person, I won’t publish this. (Hint, paid Philippines backlinkers need not apply))
2) Your Age (approximations are OK, we have readers from 16 to 76 that I know of)
3) Do you earn your main living on-line or do you have a “dirt based’ job, and what is it??
4) When did you start your first blog or website?
5) Why did you start something online?
6) What is your goal? (money, fame, fun, friends)?
7) Have you made any money?
8) Do you have multiple sites/blogs, and why?
9) Total search engine only visits per month?
10) Number of posts on your blog/pages on your site?
11) Main topic/focus of your blog or site?
12) Share a thought or quote that inspires you?
13) What motivates you to continue?
14) Best advice you have for newbies and the “Undecided”?
15) Top 3 of your favorite posts on your site?
16) Who is your online mentor or hero, and why?
17) Where do you see yourself in 2 years? 5 years?
— (Cut Here) —-
OK, so that’s a lot of questions, but there are a lot of people here every day who would like to know. If you want to participate and get links and mention here for your site, but don’t want to answer all these questions, fine, just answer what you feel comfortable with.
I will kick this off next week with my own responses and I’ll put up other responses I receive as quickly as I can.
Hint: If you are sort of floundering around out there, wondering if the on-line world is for you, answering these questions might help you focus in many ways … and, they are excellent blog post subjects, the main reason I am running this experiment.
If you aren’t a blogger/web entrepreneur, feel free to email me yours questions or leave them in the comments.
Consulting Special: Just type In Coupon Code "Dave-50" and you get 50% off for a limited time only! Recommended.