What a dream it always seems to be to so many of my readers A Job In The Philippines. Well jobs are hard to find here,even for Filipinos, but no matter what you can always wish.
Just be careful about your wishes, because they sometimes come true. And remember that an out and out cold sweat nightmare is also technically a “dream”.
See also: http://philfaqs.com/earning-a-living-in-the-philippines-but-not-from-the-philippines/
Here’s 10 Reasons you DON”T want A Job In The Philippines.
1. As a guest here it isn’t even legal except under specific circumstances.
2. The pay is extremely low in comparison to what you think is ‘low’ in your home country.
3. There are millions of Filipinos who need a job, why should you come before them in their own country?
4. What makes you think you are qualified … hint: even simple things like writing a letter or making a phone call are different … it is a foreign country you know?
5. You’ll subject yourself to Philippine income tax (foreign income (including online income) is exempt, money from the Philippines is not … this most assuredly includes foreigners).
6. You may know the language well enough to get by … most if us don’t … but you don’t know the ways of interacting with people that are uniquely Filipino. “Good enough” may not be “good enough” for formal business situations.
7. Many things here revolve around family connections. Who’s your cousin? Do you know what influential families are important to your work and who can be ignored?
8. What school did you go to and who are your batch mates? A lot of business happens not because of anyone’s qualifications but because of who went to school with whom.
9. Do you live at a prestigious enough address? Appearances and often very shallow-seeming things are very important success factors here.
10. Perhaps the most important point: Why on earth would anyone want a job when they can set themselves up independently for more income, more security and a more honest reward for their efforts?
Not Convinced Yet?
This fellow says it better than I could, but I would have written this article if Steve already hadn’t written. “10 Reasons You Should Never Have A Job.”
Here’s a few articles you can start with you get your thought process moving on the right track:
So, in short, I say you do not want a Job here:
So feel free to write any time, on any subject that moves you … but don’t expect me to be much help in finding a job … it’s a losing proposition, searching for a Job In The Philippines.