Search by Subject
- What Can One Man Do?
- When You Need Money Just Write Yourself A Check
- Don’t Try To Live Your Life On An ATM Card!
- Making Money Online, Living in the Philippines and Easy?
- Eight Reasons Your Philippine Business Will Fail
- Phrases To Avoid For A Happier Life — In Any Country
- Finding Information About Yolanada’s Aftermath
- You Want To Make The World a Better Place?
- Philippine Cost Of Living 2013 Thoughts
- Why Do I Rant On About Crooked US Banks?
- Why I Left The Philippines Again — Visit the USA, RT Air Fare, $350 USD, Flight Time ~3 hours Each Way
- The “Indispensible Country” — But Which One?
- Why YOU Should Build Your Business In SEAsia
- Why I Left The Philippines Again
- Considerations and Thoughts Behind the Can I Live on $770 a Month in the Philippines Issue — Part Two
- Why I Left The Philippines
- Considerations and Thoughts Behind the Can I Live on $770 a Month in the Philippines Issue
- Sorry Little Fella, Dad Got Laid Off, But Mom’s “Internet Venture” Will Carry You Through
- How To Become a Millionaire in the Philippines
- Living in the Philippines — Remembering
- How To Live In The Philippines Without Making A Living From The Philippines
- Owning Your Own Home — in the Philippines — Part 5
- Business Advice For Anyone: Whatever You’re Thinking, Think Bigger
- Working in the Philippines — Driving Trucks in the USA?
- Marry A Guy With No Money, No Income?
- Everyone Loves TRICARE But a Few Malcontents
- Can My Philippine Friend Visit Me in the USA?
- Why I Am An Expert — And So Are You
- I Can’t Afford It — Wa Wa wa wa …
- The Best Way to Succeed in Business — In The Philippines
- Want To Know Why You Aren’t Living in the Philippines Yet?
- Philippines Flying
- Corruption in the Philippines is HORRIBLE —- Or Is It?
- The TRICARE Demonstration; Where We Stand after Six Months
- Do Or Dabble, It’s Up To You
- Build Your Philippine Home Now And Beat Inflation! — Part 2
- Is Where You Retire Really That Important?
- Get That Permanent Visa in the States or in The Philippines?
- Want To Move To The Philippines Without Leaving Home?
- Another Philippine Pony Idea — Kids Parties
Latest Articles on PhilFAQS
It always seems impossible until its done. Nelson Mandela How Many times have I said the same words to all of you reading this .. You Can Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela, 1918 – 2013 A legacy of Mandela by Seth Godin Others can better write about Nelson Mandela’s impact on the world stage, on how he […]
Just looked at the clock and calendar and realized I have been sitting here blogging and neglected a trip to the bank … I have to go and fit that in pretty soon, I guess right after lunch before I take my usual siesta. Many people have talked to me before and I have written […]
I just had a recent query on this issue … living your life in the Philippines on an ATM card, so I decided to update and republish the information in hopes it will help a few readers out there perhaps avoid getting themselves into the same “pickle” over and over and over. People tell me, […]
Hmm, let’s see now. You want to earn your living sitting there at your own computer, you want that computer to move from the freezing wilds of Canada to the warmth of the Philippines, AND you want it to all be easy? Wow. That’s a bit of a tall order. Probably a contract I wouldn’t […]
Popular and “Evergreen” Articles
By Atty. Rita Linda V. Jimeno The story of Rosanne in my column last week triggered numerous reactions from readers that merit discussion. As a jump-off point, we shall encapsulate Rosanne’s case. Her Filipino husband who used to be loving and conscious of his familial obligations, abandoned all his duties toward her and their children […]
Is Your Child a Citizen? Hmm, strange title, Dave. A Citizen of what country? Ah, that’s the reason for this article. One might think that would be an easy answer, but I get many queries that show me that a lot of parents, of every different nationality, don’t really know just what the citizenship of […]
OK. all I see is comments coming in here from people who “want jobs”. It seems no one has enough initiative to actually read the article, just splashing out their plea to anyone dumb enough to have a website. If you want to find a job in the Philippines, here’s one place to look: http://philfaqs.com/philippine-jobs-for-foreigners/ […]
Foreigner Jobs. This is always one of my popular and searched for items … Jobs for Americans in the Philippines. Personally, if I had to have a J*O*B I’d rather have one in the US, but who am I to tell others what to do. Jobs for foreigners in the Philippines have traditionally been hard […]
Philippine Marriage Questions Recently I received another comment with questions on this surprisingly common issue. Is there anyway a Filipino,who was legally married as recognized by the Philippines, be considered legally “un-married” by the Philippines and.or the US government. (As always, remember that these are my layman’s opinions, offered for information and discussion purposes. They […]
Indeed, you heard right. This is the “saving grace” for many foreigner/Filipino couples who want to buy property together here in the Philippines and have an assurance that the “foreigner ‘ half of the couple can continue living in the couple’s property. Notice something important that I didn’t say above, though. I didn’t call it […]
Where Are The Best Places to Live in the Philippines? I posted awhile back on this subject, What Are Your Best Places Philippines?, and also put up a dedicated best places in the Philippines map page with every suggestion I’ve received regarding the best places to like in the Philippines. So few suggestions, though. Why […]
PhilFAQS Random Reads
It’s very nearly Open Season for the US Federal Employee (and Retiree) Health Benefits Plan. This is “Fed Speak” for the special time per year when you can opt-in to the program or change plans, coverage modes, etc. It will run from 9 November through 14 December 2009. This has a lot to do with living in the Philippines for some folks … because if you carry the right plan … I’m featuring one here, the one I have used for years and am very happy with .. you are covered in the Philippines and … [Read More...]
A few days ago I installed and opened for business a tool I thought would be very popular ... a live, online job search tool that can be set to show only jobs in the Philippines, and can even filter the listings into certain job categories and even specific Philippine locations. Have you ‘Job Seekers” even had a look? I know some people have, my on-site analytics shows me pages that people view (anonymously, of course), and I put Google advertising on the page and income has already come … [Read More...]
I just put up the link for the latest Bob Martin "Far Side of the World" podcast in which Bob and I discuss the rich, the poor and how business can and can't be done in the Philippines. These podcasts are always available on our podcasts and Videos page, and I'll announce new ones here as they come along, on a semi-regular basis. Thanks Bob, for including me in these and if you want to learn a lot more about living in the Philippines I certainly recommend Bob's … [Read More...]
It’s Thursday, time yet again for another installment of our regular Questions and Answers segment of PhilFAQS, the place to get the answers about living in the Philippines. I really should have started this article out with a hearty Konnichiwa to our Japanese readers and friends, because I notice a number of recent searches from Japan regarding: How long can a Japanese national can stay in the Philippines? The short answer is, everything you read about US visitors is … [Read More...]
Finding a Philippine Job
I’m very familiar with questions and comments here on PhilFAQS about starting a business in the Philippines. The majority of the questions come from foreigners wanting to start a business here. But I seldom get queries like the one I am going to share here, which involves “working from home” or ‘working remotely” out of […]
Here’s a comment that came in earlier today. Rather than answer the reader directly in the “comments” section where only a few people are likely to read it, i felt the question is of broad enough interest that I’d put it our here in the main “Articles” section for all to read. Hi Philly, my […]
Philippine Job Insanity. Are You Insane? I guess it falls under the general heading of that famous saying attributed to Albert Einstein … the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. I have tried to make it clear here on PhilFAQS, where I try to tell […]
How’s my grammar there, guys and gals? Not so good? Perhaps not, but nobody reading this has likely earned as much from those words than the fellow who got paid to say them … Gunnery Sergeant Tom Highway (Clint Eastwood) in the movie “Heartbreak Ridge”. Do you think anyone in Gunny Highway’s platoon of malcontents […]
I’ve decided to write a few articles, more or less in order, to try to help those of you who come here, day after day, looking for that magically prize, “Jobs for Americans in the Philippines”. First of all, in the interest of fair and objective reporting, I need to warn you that “Jobs For […]